This is our review of AnswerThePublic
AnswerThePublic is a unique SEO software that we have been using to understand its full capabilities. The goal of this AnswerThePublic review is to assess the features of this software and determine if its capabilities are enough to add value to potential users.
What is AnswerThePublic?
AnswerThePublic is an easy-to-use keyword research tool that provides search data and visualizations for keywords to help users discover untapped content ideas and relevant long tail keywords.
It works by using autocomplete data from search engines like Google, and generating useful phrases and questions people are asking about specific keywords. It displays search data in a streamlined and creative way so that users can easily access useful information to create great content for their audience.
AnswerThePublic promotes a unique digital marketing strategy by enabling users to leverage its search engine data mining capabilities to identify topics consumers are interested in.
Ubersuggest Acquiring AnswerThePublic
AnswerThePublic has recently been acquired by Ubersuggest, one of the leading keyword research and SEO tools currently available. This acquisition represents how valuable AnswerThePublic is as a keyword research tool.
AnswerThePublic can still be used as an independent software and there have only been a few noticeable changes since the acquisition. These include the “by Ubersuggest” being under the logo on the main navigation bar and Neil Patel’s face on the dancing robot.
New features will be added to both products to further boost their capabilities and add value to digital marketers and SEO professionals. Ubersuggest just implemented a new feature called Keyword Visualization that incorporates AnswerThePublic’s visualization feature.
Pros and Cons
- AnswerThePublic provides graphics to visualize and easily analyze search data.
- It offers tools capable of advanced keyword research and generating new topic ideas.
- It allows users to find relevant long tail keywords.
- Enables users to export keyword research data as CSV files or high-resolution images.
- It offers a free plan for users to test the software.
- AnswerThePublic offers limited search data, it doesn’t provide any data on a keyword’s search volume or SEO difficulty.
- The free plan is extremely limited.
How to use AnswerThePublic?
Answer the public works by “listening” to autocomplete data from search engines and revealing all the things people search for. Using the software is extremely simple and can be completed in a matter of seconds.
The first step to using Answer The Public is by entering a relevant keyword, topic, brand or product in 1 or 2 words. It will allow you to choose the location where the search data will be taken from and the language.
Once that is completed, the data will be gathered and displayed as a graphic.
By also clicking on the ‘Data’ tab, the information will be displayed normally.
AnswerThePublic provides search data in multiple forms, which include:
- And Alphabetical
The Questions section is the first to be shown and represents the questions people ask about the keyword.
The Preposition section displays search data based on prepositions like for, can, is, to, with, etc.
The Comparisons section will showcase relevant comparisons for the keyword. In the case of “Google”, some results would be:
- Google Vs Apple
- Google Vs Amazon
- Google Vs Bing, etc.
The Alphabetical section is where all the generated keywords are listed in alphabetical order.
This is the unique feature of AnswerThePublic.
When you have searched for a keyword, the software will generate a graphic displaying and breaking down all the results in a format that’s easy to understand and look at. The visualization displays the results as branches moving outward from the original keyword in the center.
They organized the branches based on the 5 Ws (What, When, Where, Who, Why), prepositions and comparisons.
Search Listening Alerts
The Search Listening Alerts feature allows users to set weekly email alerts to receive new keyword suggestions, find emerging topics and identify seasonal trends in a niche.
The alerts can be activated by going into the search history dashboard of the software and clicking the Track Changes toggle button. Its a function that’s only available to pro users.
AnswerThePublic is always scanning search engines for new search data. Therefore, it quickly picks up on recent changes in an industry and the alerts give its users the first mover advantage.
Education and Training Package
The pro version of AnswerThePublic offers a free education and training package that includes 9 video lessons, course infographics, and practical exercises.
The lessons focus on how to get the best results possible by using the most relevant keywords, how to learn about what and who influences your audience, and how to determine what people think about your brand, product or service.
- Unlimited daily searches
- Search data comparison over time
- Folder creation for search data
- CSV and PNG image export
- Hide option for unwanted branches and suggestion
- And Priority customer service.
To ensure that potential users have a clear idea of what the platform provides, AnswerThePublic Free plan is available. It allows 1 search per day.
It also has pro pricing options that are ideal for SEO freelancers, teams and agencies. These include:
- A Monthly plan that costs $99 per month, and offers unlimited searches for up to 3 users along with 5 search listening alerts plus more. It also includes a free Education package worth $248 with the Ebook and Video Course.
- The Annual plan is for an upfront cost of $948 per year. It provides all the features of the monthly plan but for 5 users instead of 3. It also includes a free education package in the purchase and it offers an Ebook and 2 video courses.
- And finally, the Expert plan is for $199 per month. It is accessible to an unlimited number of users and offers 20 search listening alerts along with all the other features and education package.
Ubersuggest is a powerful SEO tool that can help users reach higher SERP rankings. It can do keyword research, SEO analysis, and backlink research.
- Chrome extension
- Keyword research tools
- Tools to monitor website traffic and perform rank tracking
- Backlink tools to monitor backlinks and find promising backlink opportunities.
- New AI Writer and Keyword Visualization tools.
- It offers a 7 day free trial.
- An Individual plan for $12 per month per month or $120 for a lifetime plan.
- A Business plan costing $20 per month and $200 for the lifetime subscription.
- The Enterprise or Agency plan for $40 per month and $400 for a lifetime subscription.
Spyfu is a resource that helps marketers keep up with their competitors by providing detailed information on their digital advertising campaigns.
- A competitor analysis tool that allows users to search for top competitors within a niche and compare their performance and organic keywords.
- A SEO Research feature that showcases the complete SEO details of a domain.
- It offers a PPC Research feature capable of reviewing the paid keywords and paid traffic details of a domain.
- Performs thorough keyword analysis using the advanced Keyword Research tool.
- It can perform advanced backlink research and finding valuable backlink opportunities.
- It offers a limited free plan.
- The Basic plan costs $49 per month or $499 annually.
- The Professional plan costs $79 per month or $696 annually.
Mangools is an affordable SEO software that provides 5 interlinked apps to improve your website’s overall SEO metrics by performing a range of capabilities.
- KWfinder for robust keyword research.
- SERPWatcher to perform advanced rank tracking.
- Advanced backlink research capabilities with the help of the LinkMiner app.
- SERPChecker app for performing in-depth analysis of the Search Engine Results Page for particular keywords.
- Performs comprehensive SEO breakdowns of websites based on their backlink strengths and social popularity.
- Free chrome extension.
- It offers a limited free trial for 10 days.
- It has a basic monthly subscription for $49 per month, and an annual subscription for $358.80.
- The Premium plan costs $69 per month and $478.80 annually.
- Its Agency plan costs $129 per month and $958.80 for the annual subscription.
How much does AnswerThePublic cost?
AnswerThePublic has a monthly subscription for $99 per month, a yearly subscription for $948, and an expert plan for $199 per month.
Is AnswerThePublic free?
Yes, AnswerThePublic offers a free plan that allows limited use.
How many free searches does AnswerThePublic offer?
From our experience AnswerThePublic’s free plan only allows users 1 free search per day.
AnswerThePublic is a unique and easy-to-use SEO tool that provides users with creative features capable of identifying valuable keywords and topics. As a content marketer or SEO professional, you will monitor consumers’ search behavior and quickly react to them.
Despite all the benefits, it has some overwhelming disadvantages, such as not displaying the search volume or SEO difficulty of keywords. Because of this, the search data it provides is incomplete, which significantly limits the software’s usefulness.
If you’re interested in getting AnswerThePublic, we would recommend Ubersuggest as a better alternative. Ubersuggest has the new Keyword Visualization feature that offers the same capabilities as AnswerThePublic besides all its original functionalities.
AnswerThePublic is still a unique and useful tool, but it lacks some vital features necessary to perform comprehensive SEO capabilities.